Thursday, March 19, 2009

Some Reflection

212 lbs.

This week, so far I have filled up on lots of water and I have not eaten sweets so I'm feeling pretty good. The resolve is still strong and every day that the resolve is strong builds the foundation for the next day and for my life. Yea!

As much as I love to drink water, I'd stopped drinking very much of it over the past months. I'd been drinking too many other things in its place-tea, coffee, soda. The soda is a definite no-no. I didn't drink them in excess, maybe one a day, but one a day adds up.

From all I've read about nutrition over the years all the sugars are playing havoc with my system. So I also want to watch to see how my body and emotions are feeling without all that sugar going through me. I go through spells of eating a lot of sugar and other times it is minimal, but recently I've been consuming quite a bit, which would explain some of the extra weight I put on in the past two weeks.

I've been contemplating what next week small changes will be. I know for sure I will add working out on the treadmill again. As far as what I'll eliminate the list of possibilities is large, keeping in mind that I'm really trying to do this one SMALL change at a time. I could eliminate bad fats (mayo, butter) or negative things I say about myself (this tears down my progress on a deeper level). Again I don't eat a lot of mayo or butter. I use cooking spray or Smart Balance for those needs most of time time. I eat mustard more than I do mayo, but when you as overweight as I am, every smidgen adds up one way or the other.

I'll just continue to pray and ask God about my Small Change Plans. I know I can't do this without the Holy Spirit's empowerment.

No comments:

Post a Comment