Sunday, March 15, 2009

Tomorrow, Tomorrow

Tomorrow, Tomorrow

It's been a long battle to lose weight.
I have hated myself and am coming to love myself, but I still want the excess weight gone.

This, my most recent plan, is to add something healthy or that promotes my goal while I also eliminate something that is standing between me and my goal each week. I am going to start tomorrow with two objectives to begin with:

1) Eliminate sugar from my diet. At least at this time, I am in bondage to sugar and can't eat any without wanting more. I need to get it out of my system.
2) Drink 8 glasses of water or more. This one is generally fairly easy for me, because I like water and drink a lot of it.

I'll log my weight tomorrow. I want so much to be successful. I must commit to the long term process of weight loss and also be committed to lifestyle changes not dieting for results. I am very overweight. People still tend to compliment me on the way I look, but being just over 200 lbs is appalling to me. I haven't always been overweight. I was once a slim size 5, even after having my babies. It was after their birth that the weight came on and it came on quickly at first and then steadily crept up. That was 20 years ago.

Some of the reasons I want to lose weight:
1) To be fit and healthy
2) To feel my best physically
3) To be able to jog again; I once loved running
4) To look good for myself
5) To buy the clothes I want to wear and not size 18's.
6) Even though my husband thinks I am beautiful, I want to really look good for him again. He deserves it.
7) To conquer my biggest obstacles and be victorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment