Monday, April 20, 2009

After spending some time online looking for blogs of others who are on a journey to be healthier and lose weight, I found there are MANY of us rowing in the same boat. This journey of lifestyle change is such a huge and important step in our lives we seem to all be looking for every bit of the inspiration and encouragement we can find. I am already thankful for finding these blogs to enhance my efforts.

This weekend I came across a magazine that's new to the market, Best You-Health and Joy Begin Here. After reading the Premier Issue, I will pick up the next issue when it's released. It contained some great articles and looked at the journey to be the best me inside and out.

These are only a few "snippets" as my blogging friend, Trina, calls them and is in no way reflecting the abundant content in the magazine.

"GET 30 MINUTES OF EXERCISE MOST DAYS. In the handful of minutes it takes to watch some TV shows or browse the internet, you could slash your risk of diabetes by 34 percent, of stroke by 20 percent-and sharpen your thinking skills, whittle your waist and put some sparkle in your mood. So what are you waiting for." (I've already spent 30 minutes browsing blogs this morning).

"...finding a new identity requires a hard look inside and changing your life is a process."

These, of course, aren't anything that I haven't already heard, read, or spoken myself, but when traveling this road to change and commitment, little reminders are like post-it-notes across my heart and I need them.

I also received this from a friend, "The truth is, we're being changed by what obsesses us. We're becoming like the things that occupy our minds. Our character is being influenced and impacted by whatever has hold of our hearts." Wilkerson

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    I was telling my hubby this weekend that the single most important tool I've found to help me through this journey is my blog and the fellowship of other bloggers. It is an extremely supportive community! Welcome aboard!

    Best wishes on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jo. Bloggging finally got me moving in the right direction. My hubby was so impressed with the support that I am getting and the enjoyment that I get from it, that he started his own blog!

    ReplyDelete