Wednesday, April 29, 2009

JILLIAN'S TIP OF THE DAY
Muscle Helps, Too! Every pound of muscle burns three times more calories than does a pound of fat. Muscles scoop up blood sugar and enhance your body's insulin sensitivity — the more muscle you have, the more cells are available to absorb glucose, and you won't have to produce as much insulin after meals. Your muscle cells will be more efficient at using glucose for fuel, so your body won't have to store as much food as fat.

Jillian Michael's free newsletter via email:

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly why I have started exercising every day. I am scared to death of the big "D" and I am pre-diabetic. I've done all cardio, and only two days of toning. Even though I haven't done much toning yet, both DH and I have noticed muscles developing in my legs and arms. I always joke I don't need to lift free weights, all I need to lift are my arms and legs--they're weighty enough. lol

    I am far too chicken to even think about Jillian. She scares me. Maybe some day when my fitness is up, I'll take a peek.

    ReplyDelete