Thursday, April 23, 2009

DAY 5, Magic Notebook

Sidenote: I'm not really doing this book in 100 Days, but a day here and there.

Day 5, Magic Notebook (100 Days of Weight Loss by Linda Spangle)

"When I journal, I stay on track. It helps me catch the times when I'm slipping into emotional eating or getting discouraged with my efforts. Then I can make changes and correct those issues right away."

"When a food thought crosses your mind, remind yourself that you don't have to act on it."

"Practice the skill of observing food cues, then letting them go."
The journaling practice is a way to get in touch with myself, my habits, and my thoughts. It has also been a way to really notice what I'm eating and how much I'm actually working out. Too often, we progress mindlessly through our day when it comes to exactly what we are putting into our bodies and how much and often we are really working out. I have also had times when I just didn't want to write down something I'd eaten (Reeses Cup) because I didn't want to see it on the paper. That should tell me something =) I wouldn't say it's a "Magic Notebook", because we all know there is no magic in losing weight, but it is a "Helpful Notebook".

No comments:

Post a Comment